If you pump iron and guzzle protein shakes with no discernible improvement in muscle mass, you will understandably feel extremely disappointed. You might even be tempted to give up and quit.
Before you throw in the towel, though, consider a few habits that could be sabotaging your efforts. You may be able to tweak a few of these behaviors and start achieving the physique you’ve been hoping for.
- Not eating enough – You don’t build muscles out of thin air. You need sufficient nutrients for your muscles to get bigger. Make sure your diet contains enough of the right types of foods for muscle repair and growth.
- Not enough protein – People who want to build their muscles need to take in from 1.3 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight each day. Anything less than this will not produce the desired lean muscles.
- Low-intensity training – You need to train with force for your muscles to become stronger and bigger. This cannot happen if you are lifting too light of a load. Make sure that you are steadily adding on more resistance and progressing to heavier weights.
- Lack of sleep – Your muscles rest and repair from your last workout while you are sleeping. You may exercise like crazy, but you won’t see optimal results unless you give your muscles the downtime they need between workouts.
- Inconsistent lifestyle – Some people spend hours exercising only to get home and gorge on high-calorie, fat-laden foods. There must be consistency in your training, nutrition, and resting patterns in order to build muscle.
- Too much cardio – Cardio is important, but you need to strike the right balance between aerobic exercise and weight lifting. Spending too much time on cardio uses up your calories and leaves little fuel for building strength.
Your muscle-building goals can be achieved faster if you boost your testosterone levels. TestX Core is a health supplement that improves many aspects of well-being by augmenting testosterone production. It contains a blend of highly potent ingredients that allow people to achieve the pinnacle of physical performance.
Another supplement that facilitates the development of lean muscles is NO Max Shred. It increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which in turn supports muscle growth, performance, and strength.